Italy is well known for its fashion design industry. World top high fashion brands like Amarni, Gucci, Prada, Fendi and Ferragamo were all born in this country. If you have decided to attend a fashion school, Italy would be a great choice. Big Italian fashion schools such as Istituto Marangoni and Istituto Carlo Secoli stay very close to the top fashion houses, which makes it easier for you to get a internship or a career in these companies. Here is a list of best 5 Italian fashion design schools with brief introductions and official website links. Go to their websits and contact the school staff to get more information. Wish you have a great time in this beautiful country and become a world top fashion designer.
1. Istituto Europeo di Design
A well known Italian fashion school first founded in 1966 in Milan by Francesco Morelli. Now it becomes to be a international fashion & design education network offering courses in nine cities including Milan, Turin, Venice, Cagliari, Florence and Rome.
3 years Courses, Master Courses in Design, Fashion, Visual Art and Communication.
Via Giardino 1, 20123 Milan, Italy
2. Istituto Carlo Secoli
Founded in 1934 with the goal of offering advanced fashion design courses. Istituto Carlo Secoli aims to train students to be able to take care of every part of design, from idea to finished products.
1) Academic Courses: divided into three year course, annual courses and Masters and they are designed for young and creative people who want to enter the world of fashion.
2) Specialized Courses: Fashion Design, Pattern Making, Manufacturing, CAD, Pc Graphics, and Organization
3) Summer Courses: Fashion Design, Visual Merchandising, Graphic Design, Patternmaking and Tailoring.
Via G. Prina 5, 20154 Milan, Italy
T + 39-02-342958-314541-33101406
3. Istituto di Moda Burgo
One of the best Italian fashion design schools. Istituto di Moda Burgo was established by Fernando Burgo in 1962 and currently offers courses in Milan Lombardy Italy.
1) One Year & Two Years Courses: Fashion Stylist, Fashion Designer, Dressmaking and Tailoring course, Pattern Making
2) Special Courses: Shoes Design, Computer Design, Jewelry Design, Beach Wear, Man’s Wear, Pattern Grading, Accessories and more.
Piazza San Babila, 5 – 20122 Milan, Italy
T + 39 02783753
4. Istituto Marangoni
Istituto Marangoni is the leading fashion and design school in Europe, organizes fashion and design master and courses in Milan, London and Paris.
1) Three-Year Courses: Fashion Design, Fashion Styling, Fashion Business, Interior Design, Fashion Graphic
2) One-Year Diplomas: Fashion Design, Interior Design, Pattern Making & Production
via Verri 4 20121 Milan, Italy
T + 39 02 7631 6680 F +39 02 7600 9658
Polimoda Fashion School, Institute of Design and Marketing offers high quality courses in fashion design, marketing and merchandising sectors of the fashion industry.
1) Introductory Courses: Foundation, Orientation in Fashion Design, Orientation in Shoe Techniques, Orientation in Fashion Marketing.
2) Summer Courses: Fashion Design, Footwear Design, Bag & Accessories Design, Creative Pattern Design, Fashion Marketing & more.
3) Specialized Courses, Private Courses, Partnership Courses & more.
Villa Strozzi, Via Pisana 77, 501443 Florence
T + 39-055-739961
You can also consider the following fashion schools in Italy, google the school name to find more information.
6. Accademia Altieri, Moda Altieri
7. Accademia Europea di Moda e Costume di Franco Reale
8. Accademia di Costume e Moda
9. Accademia Internazionale
10. Academia di Belle Arte di Viterbo
11. Istituto Italiano di Fotografia
12. Istituto Fotografico Italiano
13. SDA Bocconi (Business School)
14. Universita’ degli Studi di Urbino, Scuola Progettisti di Moda
15. Scuola Romana di Fotografia